We provide premium-quality distance-learning theoretical training in English. Our learning materials are all in English, but in addition to the opportunity of attending tuition in English, the ground school (classroom instruction; see schedule) is also offered in local languages (Finnish, Danish) in the respective markets.
The course includes learning materials, personal study support and ground school. You can even attend our Finland-based ground school by telepresence (video conferencing)—this is truly distance learning, while giving you a genuine chance for interaction with the instructor and other students. Study where and when you wish.
NB: different authorities (CAA’s) may have different requirements as to where and when to sit their exams. Ask the national civil aviation authority most conveniently located near your home or work place for the possibility to do our Finland or Denmark course and sit the CAA exams at their place!
Buy from our Web Shop and get access to online material right away!
- Start when you wish — check out the dates below to see which GS sessions suit your calendar. Then remember to count back a sufficient number of weeks in order to prepare with home study first!
- Study at your own pace.
- Very experienced instructors.
- Computer-based training and self-testing before controlled tests at the school.
- Customer support 7 days a week.
- Intensive classroom tuition (groundschool) organised on predictable, fixed dates (see below).
- Possibility to attend ground school via telepresence (Skype).
- Targeting evening/weekend groundschool for IR students; others note that GS tuition may be both during office hours and evenings/weekends.
- Reading materials and Jeppesen Student Route Training Manual included.
- iPad App for off-line studying and a comprehensive exam question bank included.
- Personal accessories are not included (flight computer, calculator, plotter etc.)
- Authority examinations are not included, although in Helsinki we do offer the possibility to sit the Finland CAA exams at our premises.
NB. Distribution of subtopics may vary slightly, please check the schedule below. The code and numbers in brackets refer to the authority-designated code for the topic. You can attend and pass the topics (subjects) in any order you wish; the numbering of the Ground Schools is for naming purposes only and does not imply any mandatory order.
- Air Law & ATC Procedures (AL 010)
- Human Performance & Limitations, Psychology and Physiology (HPL 040)
- Meteorology (MET 050)
- Operational Procedures (OPS 070)
- Mass & Balance (MB 031)
- Performance (PERF 032)
- Flight Planning & Monitoring (FP 033)
- Principles of Flight (POF 081)
- Communications VFR/IFR (VCOM/ICOM 090)
- Aircraft General Knowledge (AGK 021)
- Instrumentation (INSTR 022)
- General Navigation (GNAV 061)
- Radio Navigation (RNAV 062)
IR and CPL clients note: you will only be required to attend the days on which your respective subjects are taught. (You will further be exempted from certain more detailed topics, varying subject by subject, which will become clear to you during the course. This means you do not always have to sit the full and same hours that the ATPL clients need in order to get credited for the ground school presence, and can thus sometimes leave for home earlier.)
ATPL theory clients note: You will need to attend all subjects at the full indicated hours below.
All clients note: while we recommend aiming at wrapping up all subjects at the same time, there is no strict requirement to do so and you may choose to target only a couple of subjects per Ground School, if you feel you wouldn’t otherwise have the time to properly prepare beforehand. i.e. it is possible to enroll on only part of a ground school session, provided you then devote the necessary time to studying before attending the GS!
These theoretical knowledge courses are self-study courses in essence. To get the benefit from the Ground School, you need to come prepared and have studied the subject enough to have passed the so-called Progress Test online before attending. (We will not turn such customers back at the door, who have not done their PT’s, if only there is space in the classroom — but then again such customers can not expect to get explanations or pose questions on basic things there and then, as this would slow down the other students too much. See next section below for help!)
Additional, Preparatory Tuition in Small Groups
You can also sign up for preparatory tuition before the Ground School. Minimum class size is two people. In any case these are even smaller groups than the Ground School itself, guaranteeing highly personal guidance and support. Unlike in the official Ground School sessions (see above), here you can come in as prepared or unprepared as you wish — the main purpose is to lift you from one level to the next, and as you will be paying for such time it separately, use of time is not an issue: it will be spent on items that you need most help with.
This preparatory tuition is organised on demand. Ask us for pricing.
Let us know if you are interested in this option by giving a range of dates and times that would suit you, so that we can start the preparations for it!
Individual Ground Schools for the Busy
If you just couldn’t make the timing work for you otherwise and need to get the mandatory attendance ticked off (on site or virtually by telepresence), we can also schedule the critical missing bits for you on an individual basis subject to a separate hourly charge. This does not need to cost a fortune either, as for IR for example, the absolute minimum attendance requirement in total is only 15 hours over all the seven (7) subjects combined — that is, only a couple of hours per subject on the average. Whereas in a classroom setup we systematically exceed the minimum requirements, in highly efficient individual tuition you may actually get by with the mandatory minimum for the particular subjects you could not otherwise fit in your calendar.
+358 9 5627 4600